The goal of the grants offered by the ERC is to finance individual researchers of every nationality coming from a third country (European or not) who wish to pursue their research at the furthest bounds of knowledge in an institution in Europe.
The ERC programme is made up of five instruments:
- Starting Grants: 2 and 7 years of experience after the thesis.
- Consolidator Grants: 7 and 12 years of research after the thesis.
- Advanced grants: experienced researcher but no minimum seniority required.
- Proof of Concept: validation / transformation of the results of the initial project of former recipients of an ERC grant.
- Synergy grants: two to four project leaders specialised in complementary scientific domains join forces to resolve common scientific problems.
Click here for additional information on the calls.